St Benet Pauls Wharf, also known as St Benet Welsh, was granted by Queen Victoria to the Welsh Anglican Church in 1879. Services are conducted there in Welsh on Sundays. The church was first established in 1111 AD and dedicated to St Benedict – of which “Benet” is the shortened form. It was destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666 and rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren and reopened in 1683.
It is the only survivor of the four churches in the city that were dedicated to St Benet in medieval times. The other three are lost. For a walk around the various lost churches dedicated to St Benet see this post